Several libraries have been awarded Pennsylvania’s Redevelopment Assistance Capital Program (RCAP) grants:
- Carnegie Library of Homestead: $500,000 (project will substantially rearrange the layout of the swimming pool, locker rooms and other related pool support spaces).
- Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh: $500,000 (for banch renovations)
- Kennett Library: $1,000,000 (new facility)
- Juniata College Beeghly Library: $4,000,000 (expansion)
- 21st Century Libraries Initiative-Library of Philadelphia Foundation: $480,000 (repair and upgrade Kingsessing and McPherson Square buildings)
- York County Libraries: $2,000,000 (Kaltreider-Benfer Library in Red Lion, Martin Library in York City and Kreutz Creek Library in Hellam Township for more space, additional programs for teenagers and an increase in technology). Read this York Dispatch post about the award to York County Libraries.
See all the submissions and those awarded RCAP funds from Jan to August 1, 2019.
Learn more about RCAP at the Office of the Budget.