Sharing this forward from the PA Humanities:
With the help of Drexel University, we’re on a mission to map, network, and celebrate the wonderfully rich humanities landscape. We want to learn more about the people and organizations across the state who are building community, making space for new voices, sharing stories, uplifting culture, educating, solving problems creatively — what we call the tools of the humanities. This work has been especially critical during the pandemic, keeping us connected and inspired, while encouraging resilience and recovery.
We’re kicking off the PA Humanities Discovery Project with a survey of Pennsylvanians working to make their community a better place. Maybe you collect family history, host a book group or story slam, organize festivals, create community murals, develop educational programs, research and produce stories, or use writing for health and wellness. This project is expansive and aims to show what you uniquely do!
Why should you participate?
- Join a movement to give a voice and recognition to the work that you do
- Receive special invitations to participant-only networking/learning opportunities and project-related public forums
- Gain early access to select research results/materials
- Have your work highlighted to a statewide and national audience in a report
- Be an advocate for the interests of the broader humanities community
- Enter a drawing for a chance to receive a gift basket or $50 gift card from a PA company such as Miller’s Bakery in Lancaster or Prantl’s Bakery in Pittsburgh
Help us tell the first-ever story of the humanities across Pennsylvania and together we’ll build a more inclusive and connected community for sharing, learning, and advocacy. The survey is anonymous and takes about 20 minutes to complete. Responses are due by October 31 and the results will be released in Spring 2023.
Visit PAHumanities.org/Discovery for full details and access to the survey in addition to FAQs, a sample survey, and promotional toolkit.