Ready, set…learn! All library staff in Pennsylvania have access to FREE learning through our subscription to Skillsoft. There are over 500 online courses, 30,000 short instructional videos (2 – 8 minutes) and job aids on a wide range of technology and business topics. Library staff can pick up great tips and techniques from the business world through this free resource.
Here are just a few of the courses that you have access to:
- Creating and Maintaining a Positive Work Environment
- Generating Creative and Innovative Ideas: Enhancing your Creativity
- Workplace Conflict: Strategies for Resolving Conflicts
- Interpersonal Communication: Communicating with Confidence
There is also a variety of course topics to strengthen your technology skills including:
- Office 2007 – 2016 software (including Excel, Word and Powerpoint!)
- Microsoft Windows 7 – 10 (basic to advanced skills)
- Google Apps: Docs, Sheets, Gmail, Calendar and more
- Social Networking Services, Strategy and Management
Skillsoft is all self-paced, online learning so you can take a course when it fits your schedule. Register for your free account now!