The State Library offers Skillsoft in our partnership with WebJunction. Skillsoft offers general technology and business skills courses.
Haven’t tried it yet? Get started by….
Requesting an Account
1. Go to https://webjunction.skillport.com
2. Click on the Register link near the bottom of the page
3. Complete all fields of the registration form, making sure to select your correct State Library sponsor.
4. Affirm and submit the form, you will receive an email acknowledging your request.
5. Within 2 working days or less, you will receive a notice of approval or disapproval.
6. If approved, you can now log in and start learning.
Note: if log-in gets stuck the first time you try, user the Click Here link provided to test your browser and plug-ins for compatibility with Skillport and the online courses.
Using the Skillport Site
The Skillport site is a learning management system that can manage and record your use of 450 online self-paced courses and over 4,000 short instructional videos.
- After logging in, you will be on your home page.
- From the home page, to find learning opportunities, click on the Catalog link to browse the Course Catalog or click on the IT & Desktop Video link to open a new window where you can find short instructional videos in the separate Books 24×7 system.
- You can also simply use the Search function at the top of the page to search at once through all the available content in both systems.
- Once you find a course you like, you can either launch it directly from search or catalog listings, or add it to your Plan to come back to later. The My Plan section is where you can create your own personal learning plan of the courses you wish to take.
- Once you begin using the courses, you can track your use and progress in the My Progress section. Here you will see courses you have launched and still working on, as well as courses you have completed. And from here you can print off certificates
IT & Desktop Videos
These short instructional videos, most under 5 minutes long, are accessed through a separate system called Books 24×7. When you click on the link from Skillport, it will open in a separate tab or browser window. You will be automatically logged in to the system and can search or browse the videos by topic. After finding a video, you can view it immediately, bookmark it for later, or even download the video to watch offline.
When you wish to mark a video to return to later, by adding it to your personal folder, the default option is to add it to your folder in Books 24×7. If you wish to also add it to your add it to My Plan in Skillport, remember to check the Add title to “My Plan” box. Also keep in mind that you can find all these same videos by searching from you Skillport home page.