Don’t miss this special opportunity to register for the 2017 Futures Conference to be held:
September 25 – 26, 2017 at the Borgata Hotel and Casino in Atlantic City.
Sessions Will Explore:
- Hacking and privacy in the age of “Big Brother” and “Big Data”.
- The future of technology, science, innovation and media.
- A forward look at economic, demographic, and real estate studies that will impact the future.
- The role of architecture in the future, and innovative solutions to architectural design challenges.
- A look at the convergence of information and society, and how this is driving and accelerating disruptive change.
- Understanding the drivers behind how business and technology changes and how to shape strategies for leveraging these changes.
- The future of social media, branding, and strategic communications.
- Additionally, attendees will participate in hands-on training in forecasting the future, as well as an Oculus Rift VR technology demo!
Discounted Seats Still Available
To help you with registration costs, the Office of Commonwealth Libraries is supporting 75 discounted registrations ($195 instead of $395) for the first 75 libraries that register.
As of Wednesday, August 9, 2017, only 27 of Pennsylvania’s 75 discounted registrations remain available. Once these 75 seats are filled, the registration fee will increase to $395 for all registrants. Registration closes September 18, 2017.
You may register by credit card or check by logging on to the Eventbrite website listed below. Once there, click on “TICKETS,” then click on “Enter Promotional Code” in the upper right.
If you are the first person from your library to register, click on “Enter Promotional Code” in the upper right and enter the Discount Promotional Code: PALIBRARY.
After the first person registers from your library, your library should not use the promotional code again. Your library must purchase tickets at the “Non-Sponsor Ticket” rate of $395. Once all 75 discounted seats have been purchased, remaining registrants must purchase their tickets at the “Non-Sponsor Ticket” rate of $395.
Only 1 person from your library should use the conference discount code. After the first person has registered from your library using the discount code, all other registrants must register at full price.
A full breakfast and a delicious lunch are included both days with the cost of your registration.
Access the registration page here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/futures-conference-imagination-inspiration-innovation-tickets-32919348658
For more information about the event and a list of speakers, visit:http://www.njstatelib.org/event/futures-conference/
A block of hotel rooms has been reserved at the Borgata at the rate of $114 (plus 14% Occupancy Tax and $5 Atlantic City Occupancy Fee) per night. You will also notice a charge of $15/night for the ‘Resort Fee’. This resort fee will be waived at time of check out pursuant to our agreement with the Borgata.
Reservations can be made by contacting the Borgata Hotel Reservations Department at 609-317-1000. Identify yourself as an attendee of the Futures Conference using Group Code: GBNJL17.
Futures Conference Support
This conference is made possible in part by Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services administered by the Office of Commonwealth Libraries, Department of Education, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Tom Wolf, Governor.