Tell Us About Your Library Events
The Office of Commonwealth Libraries would like to know if your library is:
- Breaking ground for a construction project;
- Celebrating a library anniversary or milestone retirement;
- Announcing a notable new service or program (e.g. MakerSpace opening, special PA Forward program or service, workforce development initiative, etc.)
- Having a ribbon-cutting for a new building or renovated space;
- Having an author or notable speaker visit; or
- Holding an unusual or high-interest public program for youth or adults.
This includes academic, public, school, and special libraries. We’d like this information so that we can promote your events with state officials and attend them if possible.
Please let us know about your events as far in advance as possible. However, if your event is less than one month away, please:
Complete the survey; and Call the Bureau of Library Development in the Office of Commonwealth Libraries at (717) 787-8007 right away to tell us about the event.
Glenn R. Miller | Deputy Secretary & Commissioner for Libraries
Pennsylvania Department of Education | Office of Commonwealth Libraries
333 Market Street | Harrisburg, PA 17126
The mission of the Department of Education is to ensure that every learner has access to a world-class education system that academically prepares children and adults to succeed as productive citizens. Further, the Department seeks to establish a culture that is committed to improving opportunities throughout the commonwealth by ensuring that technical support, resources, and optimal learning environments are available for all students, whether children or adults.
This communication is issued on the Deputy Secretary’s behalf by Cindy Heasley (email@example.com; 717-787-2779). Please submit events only through the PA Library Event Form link above.