Invitation to Apply:
2015 Prekindergarten to Grade 3 (P-3) Governor’s Institute: P-3 Collaboration-Working Together for Student Success
Deadline February 23, 2015
The Pennsylvania Department of Education’s Office of Child Development and Early Learning is pleased to announce the 2015 Prekindergarten to Grade 3 (P-3) Governor’s Institute: P-3 Collaboration-Working Together for Student Success. The purpose of Pennsylvania’s P-3 Governor’s Institute is to help school districts, early learning providers and community organizations throughout the commonwealth make the vital connections and collaborations necessary for student success from birth through grade 3. The 2015 P-3 Governor’s Institutes are being offered regionally for the following dates/locations:
Each institute begins on Sunday evening and ends on Wednesday at noon:
- June 14-17 Radisson Hotel Valley Forge, King of Prussia
- June 21-24 Doubletree, Monroeville
- July 12-15 The Ambassador Center, Erie
- July 26-29 Hilton, Scranton
Participation in the 2015 institute is limited to 28 teams per region. Participating teams will be selected through an application process. School Districts may submit applications for more than one team. Teams should be built around a specific elementary school, its feeder early learning programs, and the local community. Selected teams will participate in this 4-day event focusing on Kristie Kauerz’ Framework for Planning, Implementing, and Evaluating Pre-K-3rd Grade Approaches. Professional development will be offered to support team specific implementation of P-3 efforts.
Click here to access Framework for Planning, Implementing, and Evaluating Pre-K-3rd Grade Approaches.
Most expenses will be covered for participating teams using Race to the Top-Early Learning Challenge grant funds. Act 48 professional development credits and Pennsylvania Quality Assurance System (PQAS) hours will be offered.
To be considered for participation in this event, participating teams must agree to the following:
- Attend the entire 4-day event;
- Bring a core team of no less than four educators (maximum participating team of eight members): a 0-5 administrator, a 0-5 practitioner, a K-3 administrator, and a K-3 practitioner. Preference will be given to applicants who include up to four of the following; family representative or family liaison, Early Intervention representative community member, librarian, curriculum specialist, higher education partner, intermediate unit representative;
- Engage in continuous improvement via implementation and sharing of strategies/programs that will enhance student achievement; and
- Maintain an active role in the Governor’s Institute cohort subsequent to the event (e.g., professional learning community, webinars, monthly follow up).
Deadline to complete the application is February 23, 2015.
Click here to access the 2014 P-3 Governor’s Institute application.
Please contact Jolie Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.