Attention all Pennsylvania public libraries!
PLA’s 2023 Technology Survey is now open and accepting responses through Saturday, December 16, 2023. The Office of Commonwealth Libraries is strongly encouraging all public libraries (administrative entitles) to complete the survey. The data can help inform state initiatives, including digital equity planning.
All public libraries are invited to complete PLA’s 2023 Public Library Technology Survey. This year’s survey will examine how public libraries serve as hubs of knowledge and innovation in our communities, as well as show how libraries have evolved to meet patron needs since the 2020 survey. More information on this year’s survey and the 2020 Technology survey report can be found at https://www.ala.org/pla/data/plasurveys.
PLA is hosting a free information session webinar on Thursday, Oct 12 at 2p.m. eastern time. Find more information about the webinar and register here: http://www.ala.org/pla/education/onlinelearning/webinars/2023technology.
Reasons why your library should complete the survey:
- Contribute to powerful, actionable, and inspirational results for library staff across the country that can help answer pressing questions such as:
- What types of online resources or digital literacy programming do you offer patrons?
- Does your library have a Digital Navigator program?
- Is your library involved in your state’s digital equity planning?
- What parts of your technology infrastructure have been updated in the past 2 years?
- What influences your ability to offer the digital content you would like to provide?
- The results will provide nationally representative data to inform and engage elected officials, the media, and funders to increase awareness of the vital role of public libraries in bridging the digital divide and advancing technology services to meet the changing needs of patrons.
- Your participation helps PLA create tools, resources, and professional development opportunities that are more useful for you in building and advancing technology and digital literacy services at your library.
- With your 2023 survey participation, we will be able to build upon insights from the 2020 survey and provide an updated picture of the state of technology in public libraries.
More reasons to fill out the survey: Survey participants will be entered into a drawing to win free group registration for up to three staff members for a live or on-demand PLA webinar. PLA will annouce four winning libraries (one per locale type – rural, town, suburban, city) in January 2024. Survey participants are also eligible for discounted subscriptions for upgraded access to the Benchmark data dashboards.
How to Access the Survey:
Administrative entities should access the survey at https://librarybenchmark.org/. Login to your library’s Benchmark account, click on “Surveys” and you will see this survey listed under “Open Surveys.” If you need to reset your password, use the “forgot your password?” link on the login page, or email email@example.com for assistance. All libraries have free access to Benchmark to complete open surveys, view past survey responses and key metrics, and update contact details. Please submit your library’s responses by December 16, 2023.