April is designated as Parkinson’s Awareness Month!
Please share information with your patrons in order to spread awareness about this progressive neurological disorder that affects nearly one million people in the United States and seven to 10 million people worldwide. Although promising research is being conducted, there is currently no cure for or definitive cause of Parkinson’s disease.
- Allow patrons to learn more about Parkinson’s Awareness Month and this debilitating disease by creating a Parkinson’s Awareness Month display in your library using free educational materials offered by PDF.
- Utilize and share PDF’s print or online searchable database of national Parkinson’s resourcesat org/en/resourcelink. This directory offers listings of organizations, books and websites that can help people live better with Parkinson’s.
- Host a Parkinson’s-themed book fair, or dedicate sections of your newsletter, website, and/or bulletin board to Parkinson’s Awareness Month.
- Distribute free copies of PDF’s Parkinson’s Awareness Month action calendarsfor April 2015 (contact PDF at email@example.com (800) 457-6676 to order your copy).
- Invite your local Parkinson’s support group to provide an informational sheet about their meetings (contact PDF at firstname.lastname@example.org (800) 457-6676 to find a local support group).
- Hold an educational lecturethat focuses on Parkinson’s (contact PDF at email@example.com (800) 457-6676to find a local speaker). Note that PDF will be hosting a free live webinar on Tuesday, April 28 from 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM ET on Maximizing PD Medications: How to Get the Most Out of Your Treatment Plan. Broadcast this webinar at your library and invite your patrons to attend!
- Display the Parkinson’s Awareness Month Poster (contact PDF at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 457-6676 to order a free poster).
- Display a quilt from the Parkinson’s Quilt Project (contact PDF at email@example.com (800) 457-6676 for information about renting a quilt for display).
To learn more about Parkinson’s Awareness Month, to order free materials or for more ideas on ways to participate in events this April, please visit www.pdf.org/en/parkinson_awareness or contact Megan Feeney at (800) 457-6676 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parkinson’s Disease Foundation (PDF)
1359 Broadway, Suite 1509
New York, NY 10018
Tel: (212) 923-4700 | (800) 457-667