by Brandi Hunter-Davenport, PA Library Association, PA Forward Project Manager
Incorporating the PA Forward framework into your everyday programming may seem a bit daunting but there is a Training Team here to help you get going.
The Training Team is comprised of multiple individuals throughout the state who can come to your area and provide a custom-tailor training to meet the needs of your staff. The following trainings are currently available:
- Introduction to PA Forward – An overview of the full initiative, including the history of the program and current work.
- PA Forward Tool Kit – An in-depth discussion of the elements included and how to utilize them to your best advantage
- The 5 Literacies at Work – Explore ways libraries can bring the Five Literacies to life through programs, information resources & partnerships
- Building Partnerships – How to initiate contact, develop the plan and keep the partnership growing
- The Elevator Speech – Develop your own brief marketing pitch to communicate your library’s value whenever the opportunity arises
- Star Program – Discover how your library can become a PA Forward Gold Star library and build recognition in your community
- Youth Services – Fit your current programs into the PA Forward format and grow
Sessions can be chosen individually or packaged to create a training specific to your needs. To learn more about the training opportunities available through PA Forward, contact Brandi Hunter-Davenport, PA Forward Project Manager, at email@example.com or Paula Gilbert, PA Forward Training Team Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are looking for a training that isn’t listed, feel free to contact a member of training team for further assistance.
Once we show you how to make PA Forward a part of your work, you can begin working toward your Star Library Status! More information about the Star Library Program is available at www.paforwardstarlibraries.org.
Let us help you create greater awareness of your programs and highlight the value you bring to each of the communities you serve. We look forward to planning an upcoming training with you as we all work together to move PA forward.