All library staff in Pennsylvania have access to FREE learning through the Office of Commonwealth Libraries’ subscription to Skillsoft. Skillsoft is all self-paced, online learning so you can take a course when it fits your schedule and…
Courses on Skillsoft qualify for OCL’s CE requirement!
With over 700 online courses, 30,000 short instructional videos (2 – 8 minutes) and job aids on a wide range of technology and business topics, you’ll find great learning opportunities. Library staff can pick up great skills as well as tips and techniques through this FREE resource.
Here are just a few of the courses that you have access to:
• Time Management: Planning and Prioritizing Your Time
• Creating a Positive Attitude
• Privacy and Information Security
• Essentials of Interviewing and Hiring Conducting an Effective Interview
There is also a variety of technology courses including:
• New and Improved Features in Office 2016, Word and Outlook
• Microsoft Excel 2016 Essentials: Creating, Editing and Saving Workbooks
• Google Apps: Gmail and Calendar
• Adobe Photoshop CC
Register for your free account now! Here’s how:
1. Go to https://webjunction.skillport.com
2. Click on the Register link near the bottom of the page.
3. Complete all fields of the registration form, making sure to select Pennsylvania as your sponsor.
4. Affirm and submit the registration form. You will receive an email acknowledging your request.
5. Within two business days, your account will be reviewed and when it is an approved, you will receive an email notification.
6. Once approved, you can log in and start learning!
• After logging in, you will be on the home page. To find learning opportunities, click on The Library link at the top of the screen to browse the courses, videos and job aids.
• You can also use the Search function at the top of the page to search all of the available content.
• A course, video or job aid can be launched directly from Search or the Catalog listings, or you can add it to your Learning Plan to come back to later. The Learning Plan allows you to create a personal learning plan of the courses you wish to take.
• Once you begin using the courses, you can print certificates of completion and reports of your learning history in the Learning Transcript section. Here you will see both courses you have launched and are still working on, as well as courses you have completed.