Nominate a Future Library Leader!
Leadership Academy 2017 Presented by:
PALS (PaLA Academy of Leadership Studies)
Therese Barry, President of APPLS and PALS 2013 graduate-“I honestly loved the experience. It was learning about yourself and working with others. It’s one of my favorite memories in my 9 years of library work.”
The PaLA Academy of Leadership Studies (PALS) is a cooperative initiative between PaLA and the Office of Commonwealth Libraries to offer leadership development for librarians. Over a period of 3.5 days, participants will learn how to lead both their library and the greater library community through instructional sessions, team building exercises and a group project.
Dates: Sunday, June 4 – Wednesday, June 7
Place: The Best Western Premier: The Central Hotel and Conference Center, 800 E. Park Drive, Harrisburg, PA
Featured Speaker: David Bendekovic / The B. A. David Company / www.badavid.com
Cost: $400 per person for PaLA Members (includes program, lodging, meals; transportation not included)
$500 per person for Non-PaLA Members(includes program, lodging, meals; transportation not included.
Leadership Academy participants can be sponsored by the PaLA Chapters, Divisions, and Round Tables. Nominations are also accepted from organizations, libraries, library systems, as well as self-nominations. Nominating parties are responsible for funding nominees. The open nominations will be reviewed by the Leadership Development Committee.
Leadership Academy Nomination Timeline: Nomination deadline is Monday, April 10, 2017
Attendees will be notified no later than Monday, May 1, 2017
To nominate librarians:
- Please submit the following to the Leadership Academy Co-Chairs, Angie Andre firstname.lastname@example.org and Jessica Miller email@example.com by the above noted deadline.
- A letter of interest from the nominee indicating why they feel they would be a good candidate for the Leadership Academy and how they would like to serve the profession.
- A current resume from the nominee
- A letter of support from the nominating party indicating why they feel their nominee has leadership potential and should attend the Leadership Academy.
Nominees must meet the following requirements:
- Degreed Librarian (must have the degree before attending program)
- Demonstrate leadership potential
- Must be willing to remain at the hotel for the duration of the Leadership Academy, including overnight
This project is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services as administered by the Pennsylvania Department of Education and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Tom Wolf, Governor.
Link to PALS Information: http://www.palibraries.org/?page=PALS