The Media Literacy @ Your Library is a pilot program that will train public library workers to help their adult patrons become better news consumers. Five libraries will be selected.
The libraries will receive:
- An intensive six-month experience that will include training and support for a three-person library team to develop and implement media literacy programming for adult patrons.
- $1,500 for program-related expenses, such as travel, promotion and public programming costs.
- In-person media literacy workshop training, to be held on Thursday, Oct. 19, 2017, in Chicago.
- Two nights’ hotel lodging and some meals at the in-person workshop for three library representatives. (Note that travel costs to Chicago are at the library’s expense or must be paid from the $1,500 stipend.)
- Communications support, access to a community of practice, and technical and programming support.
Learn more! The deadline is September 11th