Date: April 1-3, 2019
Location: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia Center City, Philadelphia, PA
Inclusivity Scholarship Deadline Reminder
The deadline to submit a 2019 Inclusivity Scholarship (formerly the Diversity Scholarship) application is fast approaching. The Inclusivity Scholarship is open to women, minorities, and anyone who has never attended a KINBERCON annual conference. The Inclusivity Scholarship is aimed at broadening participation in the field of advanced networking technology to encourage diverse and new attendance at KINBERCON 2019. KINBER is offering up to six Inclusivity Scholarships for participation in KINBERCON 2019. Each scholarship includes participation in one technical workshop on Wednesday, April 3, and admission to the full conference program, including all meals and receptions on Tuesday, April 2.
Read full application guidelines here and apply today –
deadline to apply is February 22, 2019.
As Pennsylvania’s only statewide research, education, and community networking organization KINBER is committed to fostering diversity in future IT leaders for the advancement of the next generation of advanced networking technology leadership in Pennsylvania.
Why Attend KINBERCON
KINBERCON 2019 is a three-day event that brings together hundreds of Pennsylvania’s leaders in education, healthcare, economic development, libraries, public media, government and technology to share ideas and success stories about using next generation networks and technology. KINBERCON’s popular streamlined schedule format features a day of breakout sessions across four tracks – General, Research, Broadband, and Security – followed by a full day of technical training opportunities. The conference will host dozens of panels and technical workshops as well as keynote speakers and an evening gala networking reception.
Conference topic to include:
- Leading edge and future network technologies including wireless, TVWS, and 5G
- Innovative applications of network-enabled research, teaching and learning, and public engagement
- Strategies and community-led initiatives to ensure that all Pennsylvanians have access to reliable, cost-effective broadband
- Cybersecurity innovation and enterprise security best-practices
- Statewide, national, and international collaborations that leverage interconnected R&E networks and communities
- Other current topics of interest to diverse community anchor institutions in Pennsylvania
Trainings & Workshops
There are full-day and half-day workshops on Wednesday April 3 on the following topics:
- Determining Technology Requirements for Scientific Innovation
- Toward Gigabit Libraries in PA
- Strategic Planning with E-Rate
- BGP 101 & BGP 201
- Cyber Threat Challenge
- Executive Network & Security Risk Analysis and Strategic Planning
Registration in a full or half-day workshop includes full conference admission on Tuesday April 2 and all meals and receptions.
The DoubleTree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City is conveniently located at 237 South Broad Street in Center City Philadelphia on the lively Avenue of the Arts and just nine miles from Philadelphia International Airport. The DoubleTree Philadelphia Center City provides views of the Delaware River and downtown Philadelphia with proximity to local colleges and universities and area attractions such as the Pennsylvania Convention Center, City Hall, and the Liberty Bell. The KINBERCON room block has been secured at a discounted rate of $189/night. Reserve your room here by March 14th for best rates and availability.