…at the same pricing as the last two years!
Click here to submit your Letter of Intent.
Note that credit cards are accepted as payment.
What is the Pennsylvania eBook Consortium?
The Pennsylvania eBook Consortium began in the 2016-2017 school year and allows schools to access a comprehensive library of high-interest, standard-driven titles for a fraction of the cost.
Every school is given their own MackinVIA portal. MackinVIA is available as a free app on all platforms, and is also accessible via the web. MackinVIA can integrate with your current sign-on system to keep student usernames and passwords consistent (ex: Ldap, Active Directory, Google Apps). Any school can choose to add additional titles to their MackinVIA account as they wish. Further, schools can integrate their existing eBook titles into MackinVIA. This will eliminate the need to switch between your school eBook catalog and the consortium catalog – all books will be in one place.
What are the benefits of joining the consortium?
- Consortium purchasing allows you to pay a much smaller amount, but access a large library of resources.
- If you don’t currently have eBooks, but want to offer this service to your students and staff, a consortium is a great place to start. You’ll have the purchasing power and support that you wouldn’t have independently.
- If you already have eBooks, this is a great way to add some of the most popular titles to your collection without breaking the budget.
- All consortium participants receive discount pricing when purchasing through Mackin. You will receive a 5% discount on ebooks and a 10% discount on print books.
- You will have access to every year’s ebooks in which you subscribe. In other words, if you subscribe one year and not the next, you will not lose that year’s collection!
- You can purchase collections from previous years, which we refer to as “Catch-up” packages.
Consortium dues are billed on a yearly basis (July 1 – June 30) and are based on the number of students you serve and the number of eBook collections to which you subscribe. Dues will be structured as follows:
<250 students = $250.00
251-500 students = $500.00
501-1,000 students = $750.00
1,001-2,000 students = $1,000.00
>2,000 students = $1,500.00
The eBook collections offered are as follows:
Elementary Collection (K-5)
Middle School Collection (6-8)
High School Collection (9-12)
If your school has less than 250 students and subscribes to two collections, your annual subscription fee will be $500. To learn more about the consortium, go to the HSLC website. You will be able to access pricing information, title lists for the past years, as well as tutorials, webinars and links to MackinVia support pages.
If you have any questions about the consortium, please contact Mary Schwander at email@example.com. If you have questions about MackinVia, please contact our Mackin Education Consultant, Jessica Gottlieb at Jessica.Gottlieb@mackin.com
Chair and High School Committee Coordinator, PA eBook Consortium