Learn about ILEAD USA and how to apply by registering and attending a webinar on Thursday, November 17 at 2:00pm! Register here! In the meantime, look over the application. Applications will be due on December 13, 2016.
ILEAD USA: Innovative Librarians Explore, Apply and Discover ILEAD USA is a leadership and technology immersion program
ILEAD USA, is a new kind of leadership initiative that allows teams of library employees from all types of libraries to enhance their communities with technology. You may apply as an individual or indicate that you wish to be part of an already organized team!
We are looking for representatives from Pennsylvania libraries to participate! Five teams, of five individuals each, will be selected for 2016. Mentors are provided to each team, which selects a community problem that they will solve with participatory technology!
The 2017 ILEAD USA schedule will include three in-person sessions in Harrisburg:
- March 27-30, 2017
- July 24-27, 2017
- October 2-5, 2017
Intersession activities are also required before and between in-person sessions. Intersessions may include online meetings or webinar or conference calls etc.
Check out this past year’s teams (and keep looking for even more videos to come).
Participate in a webinar on November 17, 2016 from 2:00pm -3:00pm to learn about ILEAD USA and the application process. Register here.
What to know
- These in-person sessions provide keynote speakers, classes targeted to technology needs that may be useful to your community problem, and an opportunity to network and build a sense of technology competence.
You must be able to attend all three sessions.
- Any staff member from any type of library may apply; an MLS is not required. Directors–encourage your staff to apply!
- Apply as an individual and we will place you in a team; you may also apply as an individual and indicate that you would like to be put on a team organized prior to application (you will need to have the names of the other team members when applying, as well as the community need).
- Teams consist of five participants and may be made up of people from different types of libraries – public, school, academic, or special.
- Teams not organized prior to application will need to decide on a specific community need after being organized as a team by the Office of Commonwealth Libraries. Applicants will select and rank a broad community need upon application.
- Projects that have already begun are not eligible.
- Each participant will identify a Community User Representative, a “user/patron,” within their community/constituent group, who will serve as a sounding board to the participant during the ILEAD USA program.
- Applicants need to obtain a Letter of Commitment from their governing/corporate authority since they will be using work time while participating in the in-person sessions, the Intersessions and for work on the final project.
- Applications will be due December 13, 2016
- Those selected will be notified by January 4th.
- Hotel and meals, as well as a small travel allowance, will be provided to those selected to attend