May 13 is the deadline to apply for professional development grant events to be held from June 1 through September 30.
(This time period has been extended from the original period that went through the end of August).
PLEASE note that the application form has been changed from the first round. If you have already submitted an application for round two, you do not have to resubmit.
Scholarships of up to $1200 are available for registration, travel and lodging for Pennsylvania library workers and for public library trustees to attend workshops, conferences, courses or webinars in any of the following areas:
* Accessible Website development and technology and other training to better serve people with disabilities
* Board member training in any aspect of their role as a trustee, except fundraising (example: governance workshop, how to create by-laws)
* Community engagement (example: learning how to collaborate with the community to meet its aspirations; class on analyzing input gathered from community)
* Computer or technology devices or services (example: workshop on creating an app or on participatory technology)
* Facilities Management (example: class on creating a facilities management plan, disaster planning)
* Financial literacy (class on how to read an audit, budgeting, class on using Quick Books)
* Measuring and evaluating (example: class on using social media analytics, class on making/using graphs)
* Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) training to better serve patrons (Example: maker workshop)
*Strategic planning (example: workshop on how to create a plan)
These grants are made possible with funds from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS). Funding is available for registration, travel and lodging on an eligible receipt and reimbursement basis. Meals are not included. Any travel reimbursement will be based on the State rate. Acceptable hotel rates are available on www.gsa.gov. Reimbursement requests need to be submitted within 2 weeks after attendance at the training event and must be on forms you will receive if granted a scholarship. Funding may not be used for advocacy training or fund development training.
All grantees must either:
- submit a report for the Compendium or another library publication within 3 weeks after the training event OR
- make arrangements for a webinar, podcast or in-person presentation with the Office of Commonwealth Libraries within two weeks after attendance at the event AND
- submit a final LSTA report within 2 weeks of attendance of the training event.
How Do I Apply?
This is a competitive opportunity. Please submit your completed application, and any attachments, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT GRANT
by the deadline of: May 13 at 5:00pm for training events that will be held from June 1 through September 30, 2016
Within ten days, after the deadline, you will be notified whether or not your application has been approved.
Please contact Diana Megdad (717-787-3124) with any questions.