ALA is looking for libraries in Pennsylvania to apply for NASA@ My Library. NASA@ My Library is a STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, and math) education initiative that will increase and enhance STEAM learning opportunities for library patrons throughout the nation, with an emphasis on reaching audiences underrepresented in STEAM education.
Applications close on July 21, 2021. Note that libraries do NOT need ALA membership to apply for, or receive, this grant.
- What types of libraries are eligible? This opportunity is open to public and tribal libraries in the U.S. Priority consideration will be given to libraries in communities with above average populations of demographics defined as underrepresented in STEM education and professions, specifically, Hispanic or Latino/a/x, Black or African American, American Indian and Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander. Additional consideration will be given to libraries who meet these demographic criteria and provide evidence of need for resources to support learning.
- How many libraries will be selected? Sixty libraries will be selected.
- What will participating libraries receive? As a NASA@ My Library partner, your library will receive:
- training and resources to implement NASA events and programming
- access to a university subject matter expert (SME) to support patron engagement
- $1,600 programming stipend
- What is the deadline to apply? July 21, 2021.
- Where can I learn more? View the project guidelines and apply online.