The goals of this event are to:
· Understand that racial healing is at the core of racial equity
· Offer a time for contemplation and collective action
· Provide an opportunity to bring ALL people together in their common humanity
· Inspire collective action to create a more just and equitable world
The Office of Commonwealth Libraries proudly worked with the Pennsylvania Office of Advocacy and Reform and assisted in creating a Pennsylvania Toolkit.
- The toolkit offers ideas for communities, organizations, and individuals; a reading list; a link to a conversation guide; and Pennsylvania digital assets to share on social media.
- Libraries can submit events—virtual experiences are encouraged—to get statewide visibility.
- There is also an action kit page just for Libraries: Libraries-Action-Kit_2022.pdf (healourcommunities.org)
Please feel free to use the resources in the PA toolkit to promote or to plan a 2022 Day of Racial Healing Event at your library or in your community.