It’s time to fall into learning! All library staff in Pennsylvania have access to FREE learning through our subscription to Skillsoft. There are over 500 online courses, 30,000 short instructional videos (2 – 8 minutes) and job aids on a wide range of technology and business topics. Library staff can pick up great tips and techniques from the business world through this free resource.
Here are just a few of the courses that you have access to:
- Pursuing Successful Lifelong Learning
- First Time Manager: Challenges
- Effective Team Communication
- Optimizing Your Work/Life Balance: Taking Control of Your Stress
There is also a variety of course topics to strengthen your technology skills including:
- Office 2007 – 2016 and 365 software (including Excel, Word and PowerPoint!)
- Google Analytics Fundamentals and Data Collection
- Word Press Introduction and Basic Configuration
- Using your Desktop Computer and Mobile Devices Safely
- Windows 10 End User (six courses available)
The Office of Commonwealth Libraries offers access to Skillsoft through our partnership with WebJunction. Skillsoft is all self-paced, online learning so you can take a course when it fits your schedule.
Haven’t tried it yet? Get started by….
Requesting an Account
1. Go to http://webjunction.skillport.com/.
2. Click on the Register link near the bottom of the page.
3. Complete all fields of the registration form, making sure to select Pennsylvania as your sponsor.
4. Affirm and submit the registration form. You will receive an email acknowledging your request.
5. Within two business days, your account will be reviewed and when it is an approved, you will receive an email notification.
6. Once approved, you can log in and start learning!
• After logging in, you will be on the home page. To find learning opportunities, click on The Library link at the top of the screen to browse the courses, videos and job aids.
• You can also use the Search function at the top of the page to search all of the available content.
• A course, video or job aid can be launched directly from Search or the Catalog listings, or you can add it to your Learning Plan to come back to later. The Learning Plan allows you to create a personal learning plan of the courses you wish to take.
• Once you begin using the courses, you can print certificates of completion and reports of your learning history in the Learning Transcript section. Here you will see both courses you have launched and are still working on, as well as courses you have completed.